"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, December 22, 2012

post from team 6: holly


"Big smiles, open arms. So many children ready and willing to share their hearts with me, a stranger. Now it's been three days, I'm less of a stranger and the hugs and smiles continue and come from children with whom names I am familiar. These children who have so little have so much to give. Some moments the reality of life at the orphanage takes my breath away because there is so little and so much all at once. 

In a program the children put on today, there was singing and dancing all to the festive beats of drums. By the end of the program I was taken by the hand of a child to join in the dance. So blessed to be joining in the dance with the children at SMK."  

- Holly














No comments: