"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

amanda/arthur

I received this lovely email from a friend of Change the Truth. He purchased one of the limited edition copies of Kutuuka; those include an original drawing or painting by one of the children from the orphanage or one of my photographs. DB selected the painting by Amanda. I love what he had to say about it in his email:

"Gloria,

I just wanted you to know how much I am enjoying the Change the Truth book. Love looking at your photographs and the children's artwork. Speaking of artwork, the painting Amanda did is even more beautiful than the picture of it in the book, something that isn't always true. It is also beautifully framed.

Several people who have seen Amanda's painting have asked me if it is an Arthur Dove. I can assure you it will be hung in a place of honor and enjoyed over the years.

What you and the Foundation have done, and are doing, is truly amazing and I am happy to be a small part of it.

DB"

I plan on sending his missive, along with some samples of Arthur Dove's work to Amanda. Imagine how exciting this will be for her! In the meantime, take a look for yourself. On the top is Amanda's piece; below is a Dove.



No comments: