"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, December 17, 2011

day four: leroy

"Through my own eyes and heart, I opened the door of understanding. Landing here in Uganda and not knowing what to expect was not the challenge or question, but being able to take my trade and talents God has given me and give back to others has been my goal.

St. Mary Kevin Orphanage has become an important focus and has allowed me to make a difference. I find that I’m giving with my heart with the hope of touching others. I wonder why we allow our children to live a life of uncertainty; these children have so much joy in their faces and seek to learn so much in spite of the uncertainty they face.

I say to you who have not experienced this journey to wake up your heart (and to those who have) let’s change the way we treat our young people. Look at the pictures and read the stories; they are real. Do not turn a blind eye to the many who are in need. SMK is one of many here in Uganda and all over the world. It is not about how much you give, but that you DO give."


- Leroy Beasley ("MePho")

No comments: