"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, June 30, 2011

a very good photo by a very good sister


This has got to be one of my favorite pictures ever. It was taken this past weekend by my sister.

Eddie and I wanted to show her the Bloch Building at the Nelson-Atkins Museum. We didn't make it over there during the day on Sunday, which was our original plan, but we did go later that evening. Eddie and I walked on ahead, up the hill toward one of the five freestanding “lenses” that emerge from the ground. Bobbie stayed back, walking more slowly. She glanced up and saw us holding hands as we walked toward the light of the lens. She whipped out her iPhone and took this picture with her Hipstamatic application.

It was such a nice surprise! I love it.

6 comments:

Max F. said...

wow that is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yes. I agree. Beautiful!
-JM

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Must be in something in those Baker eyes that knows just when and how to catch the beauty of a moment. Marti

Meg said...

what a gift! you two are a beautiful couple - this photo is a treasure.

Anonymous said...

elegant in it's simpilicity

Anonymous said...

oh gloria and eddie, this amounts to one of my all-times... right up there with the walk down the aisle of abbie. what a cool and time-dependent and rare and speaking shot!