"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, June 23, 2011

"changes"

That's the title of the new Change the Truth movie, which will have its first screening tomorrow night at the Friendraiser/Fundraiser. Be sure you're there by 8:00 for the 8:05 showing. The film is only 14 minutes long, but in it Lynne Melcher (cinematographer, producer and editor) manages to splendidly tell the story of the children and how they have been helped thus far by CTT.

Lynne has once again created a magnificent film. It's moving, informative, sweet and beautiful. I got to shoot some footage for it since Lynne did not go to the orphanage this past year. I used my Canon 5D, and though I was and still am a raw beginner, it was great fun to play filmmaker for a little while. Lynne has set the film to great music, the script is crisp and the editing is really impressive.

I hope you'll get to watch it tomorrow night. If you can't make it and would like to order a copy, please let me know. The DVD sells for $15.

Bravo to Lynne! CTT is incredibly lucky to have a friend like her.

I am grateful to her for pouring her heart into her fourth CTT film. I know she does it because she loves the children at St. Mary Kevin Orphanage. Could there be a better reason?

No comments: