"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, May 30, 2009

young artist featured in kutuuka: latifa


“I am Latifa, 13 years old. I am in Senior One from Uganda at St. Mary Kevin Orphanage Motherhood. I have my mother, but she is not working and she can’t afford to pay my school fees. I have four sisters and one brother. Even we don’t have our own house. My mum is poor and my dad died in the war. We came to St. Mary Kevin because of war and poverty, We had no food to eat and we were sleeping in forests.”


Latifa's framed drawing is 19" x 23". If you'd like to purchase it, along with a signed and numbered hardbound copy of Kutuuka, you can do so for a donation of $500.00 to Change the Truth. Please contact me if you are interested. Latifa just began her studies in secondary school; your contribution will help Change the Truth fulfill its committment to paying her school fees.

June 11th - this piece has sold!

No comments: