"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, January 04, 2013

renewal




I realized last night that it is easy for me to get wrapped up in the logistical, political, financial and managerial details of running Change the Truth and forget what it felt like when I returned from my first trip to east Africa.

But it’s important that I remember. The way I felt was what compelled me to start the organization in the first place.

Last night I had dinner with Natalie, one of the members of Team 6. She’s been back in the US only a few days. Hearing her speak (quite eloquently) about what she is thinking and feeling after having been in Uganda for two weeks was all it took to shake me back to my own state of mind from 2006.

I’m so glad. Remembering why I am doing what I’m doing is the only way to keep moving down the road with a full and open heart.

So, thanks, Natalie, for the fresh perspective and the reminder to stay true to and focused on my original mission.

Hopefully, Natalie - and others from Team 6 - will write down their thoughts and share them here on the blog soon. 


No comments: