"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, August 09, 2009

streetcar again (with another detour)

I lied. I just have to continue writing about the coolness of Portland, even though I swore it off in the last blog post. We’re here for another few days, so bear with me.

Yesterday we spent a long time hiking at Washington Park. This is totally different from Forest Park, which I have already raved about. In this one place you can find the following attractions: the Oregon Zoo, the World Forestry Center, the Japanese Garden, the Children’s Museum, the Rose Gardens, a Holocaust Memorial, a Veterans Memorial, miles of trails and the Hoyt Aboretum, where there are also miles of trails. It’s set on over 500 acres in the city’s west hills, overlooking downtown and is pretty spectacular.






I’m continuing my work on the Streetcar project.





No comments: