"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, June 01, 2012

rabbit rabbit and welcome to santa fe

What a joy to fall asleep and wake up to the cool breezes of 7500 foot elevation Santa Fe. Each time I'm here, I fall in love with this part of the world a little more.

Review Santa Fe got off to a great start last night with a reception at PhotoEye Bookstore and PhotoEye Gallery for the 100 photographers and the reviewers. I was warmly greeted at the bookstore by the wonderful Melanie McWhorter who immediately put me to work signing copies of Kutuuka, Convergence and Among the Ashes. She had thoughtfully assembled a nice display of books by participating photographers.

I ran into old friends and met new ones. That's the piece of these review sessions that ultimately makes such a difference for me. I have an incredible support network of photo pals, all of whom I've met at workshops or reviews like this one.

Here are a few party pics. Much more to come from lovely Santa Fe.


Signing books at PhotoEye


Noel Swan Gilbert


Janet Stein and Christopher Rauschenberg


David Bram and Jim Stone



No comments: