"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, June 01, 2012

day one

Gluten free hand-made granola and gluten free/vegan muffins. YUM. A great way to begin the day!

It's a picture perfect morning in the high desert. This setting brings back so many fond memories for me. I started attending workshops here in 1996, just after I got back into photographing after a 15 year hiatus. I've sat around talking about photography with some terrific photographers and teachers on these very grounds. Teachers like Keith Carter, Peter DeLory and Andrea Modica. Fellow photographers like Monika Merva and Laura Pickett Calfee. I've even brought both of my children here for their own workshops. Abbie and I made a road trip out of it shortly after she got her driver's permit; she took a class in beginning photography. I brought Max when he was in middle school for a young photographer's class.

For me, this is a beautiful and inspiring place in so many ways. I'm glad to be here.










No comments: