"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

for henry



OK. This is my last pastel post for a while. I've GoT To FINISH PACKING!! (But this is so much more fun.)

Grandson Henry loooooves airplanes. He pretends he's a pilot, builds a multi-cushion cockpit for himself, asks the flight attendant (his mom) for a glass of juice with ice and then takes off for lands afar. He can fly all day long.

I imagine he dreams about airplanes, too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of "In the Night Kitchen." These would make wonderful illustrations for children's books . . . Marti

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

Maybe when Henry's a little bit older and is interested, he and I could collaborate on one! That would be really fun. Thanks for your compliments on this work, Marti.

Anonymous said...

It gives away my age -- again -- but another reference that comes to mind with this painting in particular and the backstory that accompanies it is the book "Jonathan Livingston Seagull." Meanwhile, have a wonderful flight in Africa -- traveling mercies in the air and on the ground. m