"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, September 22, 2012

bobbie



The kids have fallen in love with my sister.

And man, did she hit the ground running. Jet lagged, but pumped up on adrenaline, Bobbie immediately dug in and gave all of herself to these wonderful children today.

On her first day at the orphanage, she packed in:

riding a boda-boda
going to the clinic to visit Wasswa
teaching an art class
reading to the children
leading a yoga class
pumping water from the bore hole well
walking long distances in the heat
doling out a ton of hugs

I knew it was going to mean a lot to be able to look over and see my sis interacting with these children. But I didn't expect the feeling to be this big. I am so pleased Bobbie made the trip, and I am so thankful to her for the genuine, full-out love she has already spread around SMK.













No comments: