"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

shane gets a wake-up call

Yesterday morning, Change the Truth Team 5 member Shane Evans was awakened by a phone call.

"I got a call early this morning (6:30am) from an unfamiliar number... (you know when that happens...you're like WHO IS CALLING ME at this hour!?) I missed the call and saw there was a message... as I listened... there was a voice on the recording sharing... 'Mr. Evans... I am calling to inform you you have won the CSK Award for your book UNDERGROUND...' I sat in a moment of TOTAL thought... silence... and then I said out load... 'thank you GOD...', I began to think of ALL that it means... it is an honor to MANY that this is shared with a project like 'Underground'... family... friends... community... This book is the 'experience' of the underground... THE SPIRIT... this a spirit of HELPING... WE CANNOT DO THIS ALONE... I thank you all for your thoughts... prayers... words... I am truly honored."

For those of you who don't know, the CSK Award is the Coretta Scott King Book Award. A very big deal.

Read all about the exciting news here.

Congratulations, Shane!

No comments: