"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

train travel


To get to Seattle, all I have to do is walk four blocks, buy a ticket, say hello to the conductor and hop on board the train. I always feel like I've taken a step back in time when I'm at the train station.











It's a smooth, easy, beautiful way to travel. Three and a half hours later, just when I've really gotten into the book I'm reading, I'm already in Seattle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these, Gloria, and next week we are heading on the train journey! I'm anxious about what we'll see, and how to photograph it!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

Thanks, Suzanne. I know you'll enjoy the train and all its fascinating photo opportunities. Have fun!

The Purple Lady said...

these make me want to get on a train to anywhere and take a journey! fabulous photos.