"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

team 4: day one

Tina, Claire Faith and me

To say I was greeted at the Entebbe airport by an enthusiastic throng of SMK friends would be quite an understatement. There must have been 25 children, along with Melissa, Peter, Moses and Joan Faith. I was barraged with an endless sea of hugs and kisses. It was something else.

It was a day filled with much joy as my Ugandan friends and I got reacquainted.

Melissa's home is wonderful beyond my wildest expectations. Her job here is huge. She is a mother to so many now. And she is extremely happy.

The changes here during the past year, including the construction of Melissa and Antwain's home and that of several vocational classrooms is impressive. I will post pictures as the visit progresses.

I took a few young pals to lunch, and we toasted. The toasts keep coming. Everyone wanted the celebrate everyone else. The children here can break your heart with their sweetness.



No comments: