I thought you might find it interesting to see the correspondence from Mama Rosemary at the orphanage regarding the two children we are now trying to place there:
"The two orphans from Rakai (Southern Uganda) are welcome, as long as Gloria has given her assurance that Change the Truth will support them at St Mary Kevin.
Please provide the child case details, as follows:
- Names of parents & indicate if one or both are dead (dates when they died are useful)
- Names of current guardians and their contacts – by phone, post office box, email if available, and physical address [in case of serious eventualities, like death]
- Ages of the children
- Languages spoken
- Last class attended at school plus the name of the school & its location, and the original of the last school academic report for each child
- For each child state known diseases and infections & current treatment, and HIV status if known
- Indicate if there are any traumatising experiences in the lives of the children that require therapy, and indicate whether each child has an inward or outward going personality
- State positive points for each child – for example a good netballer or chess player
The children deserve our best efforts, as it is not their fault that they are disadvantaged.
Thanks & Regards
Once we get them there, little Rosemary and Vincent will be in good hands.