"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, May 31, 2007

good people doing good things

I would like to share some of the amazing work being done in simple but heartfelt ways by some amazing people who want to help the children at St. Mary Kevin’s. First up, an email I received the other day:

“Hello. Recently my 11-year-old son and I donated money to Change the Truth. My son sent $10 of his own money as a Mother's Day present to me. I would like to establish a pen pal relationship with one of the children at the orphanage so that we may get to know him or her personally. We will continue to help support the orphanage, as we are able. I'm a single mother and don't have a lot of extra money but want to do what I can. Thank you.”

Next… my niece is getting married in June. Guess what she and her fiancé registered for, alongside dishes and bath towels? Right. An opportunity to make donations in their honor to organizations about which they feel passionate. They included Change the Truth on their wish list.

Last, but not least, my good friend who is a nurse put on her saleslady hat yesterday and schlepped all the beaded jewelry made by the kids at the orphanage to the children’s hospital where she works. There, in the procedure room, in the lab and in the office area, she modeled the necklaces and bracelets and talked about the kids in Uganda. She arrived at my house last night with close to $200, all of which goes directly to St. Mary Kevin’s. How cool is that?

Thanks to each of you who are making Change the Truth come alive.

No comments: