"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, May 19, 2007

santa fe reviews

I am still standing!

My reviews were, for the most part, very good. The Uganda work seemed to win the most praise, and I even managed to sell one of the images. It will go into the private collection of a museum curator from the west coast.

My favorite meetings were with magazine editors. It is becoming more and more clear to me that doing editorial work is the path I’d next like to travel. Luckily I got great responses to the “story” work I’ve done thus far from both the New York Times Sunday Magazine and Mother Jones. I feel hopeful that, over time, something might come of both these new relationships.

One gallerist in particular was very enthusiastic about my work. We’ll see what happens.

I have seen some old friends, which has been nice, and have seen a lot of interesting work. It’s been exhausting, but inspiring to be here.

No comments: