"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

good things are happening



Yesterday I learned that the highly regarded literary magazine, New Letters (published at the University of Missouri, Kansas City) is going to publish 14 of the images from Uganda, one of them being the cover image, in their next issue. Not only that, but they are going to run a small ad that will offer a CD with two of the songs sung by the children from St. Mary Kevin's to those who make a tax deductible contribution of $50 or more to the "Change the Truth Fund." It is amazing how supportive and enthusiastic Bob, the editor, has been about the project. I am thrilled! I spoke with Michael at the orphanage early this morning, and he, too, is very excited.

Michael has also sent me list with several names of kids who would like to have pen pals, so if you'd like to have a name and address, just e-mail me (gbfeinstein@aol.com).

On a completely different subject, many of you know I've been waiting to hear from Random House about the possibility of using one of my shredded images on a book cover. I received that good news yesterday, as well. The image, "Badlands" will be the cover for a book by Rupert Thomson, due out in August. I have always wanted a book cover, so it's wonderful news!

Yesterday was indeed a good day. I hope everyone has a warm, safe, wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: