"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, November 03, 2006

friday night


This is an image from the orphanage. I have so many more I would like to share, but the internet/blog/something or other is not cooperating with me at all. I guess I'll have to post them once I get home.

The slide show tonight was really wonderful. The work was impressive, and everyone was so supportive of each other. We had dinner at a good Thai restaurant, then some went out to party, while others of us came back to the hotel to get into our jammies.

Tomorrow I am leaving for two nights at Queen Elizabeth National Park. Moses is going to drive me there - it's about six hours southwest of Kampala. I have reservations for two nights at the Mweya Safari Lodge. I don't know if there's internet there. If not, I'll catch you up on the chimp treks later.

Time for this one to crawl into bed. I've decided I'm going to really miss the mosquito netting. I like the feel of getting into my cozy "nest."

No comments: