"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, December 21, 2007

medical mission anyone?


Wherever I go to speak about Change the Truth, there are folks who come up to me afterward and tell me that they would love to join me on the next trip to Uganda.

Recently, my OB-GYN told me she’d like to go; so did my dental hygienist, and so did a pediatrician I know.

You can see where this is heading.

A medical mission to St. Mary Kevin’s ??

I mentioned the possibility to Rosemary and Joseph, and they loved the idea.

As has everything else with this project, an idea will pop into my head, brew for awhile, fester, if you will, then I bounce the idea off Eddie, then I think about it 24-7, then I get some support for the idea from a couple of friends of CTT, and then, poof! it may even begin to become a reality.

I am writing this at 3:30 AM, which should serve as warning to those who are thinking WOW! I’d love to go to Uganda and be part of the next team trip – that your world gets turned upside down (literally and figuratively) by the whole thing. And not being able to sleep when you get home is the least of it.

If you are still reading and if you yourself happen to be someone in the medical field or if you know someone who is and you or they might have an interest in finding out more about this crazy idea of mine, please email me with contact information.

Joseph told me that most of the kids at the orphanage have never had a full medical checkup or dental exam.

That seems pretty basic to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in! I can help carry stethoscopes as well as I did video bags.

CMJ

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! That's great news. Rose Mary et al will be thrilled. So am I.