"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, October 21, 2006

one weary but happy traveler

After 24 hours of travel, I have arrived! My first morning consisted of a cold shower, three power outages in the hotel and then breakfast. I met a few of my fellow students, and they all seem really nice. The weather is beautiful - not too hot, a cool breeze, lots of sunshine. I have seen nothing except the view from my room, which, by the way, is quite spartan. Its centerpiece is an exquisite mosquito netting that flows from the ceiling and surrounds my bed. The way it drapes is really very beautiful and makes me feel as if I am indeed on an exotic adventure. Am about to explore the area around the hotel. Just wanted to let everyone know I made it.

No comments: