"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, November 29, 2012

meet team 6: jennifer



This is the first time in several years that each member of the team (with the exception of Suzanne) is making his/her first trip to Uganda. All six "newbies" are counting the days at this point, and I don't blame them. They have quite the adventure to which to look forward!

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer Schoenwetter only twice, but I can already tell her heart is full of compassion for the children at the orphanage. Jennifer had made the trip from her home town of Milwaukee to Kansas City for the past two Change the Truth Friendraiser/Fundraisers. She even pitched in and worked at the most recent one. Her friendship with Suzanne Garr is what led her to CTT, but her love for the children is what will keep her in their corner. 

In Jennifer's own words:

"Over the past couple of years, I've had the lovely chance to become friends with several great team members and supporters of CTT. I'm so excited to be part of the team this year!  If it wasn't for Suzanne, I never would have been blessed enough to meet Gloria and other members of CTT. Everyone has said the experience has changed their lives, and I'm welcoming the experience with open arms and heart.  Lots of hugs and smiles are in order for the children! Additionally, I hope to help with reading, crafts, math, writing, gardening and anything SMK needs. My full time job has me working as a development coordinator, and I'm also an adjunct instructor at a University.  I love teaching and sharing knowledge.

Outside of work, I love to travel, read, cook and spend time with friends.

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone at SMK, my fellow team members, Melissa… and seeing the beautiful country of Uganda."


No comments: