"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, January 09, 2011

newspace show



I have had such a wonderful time in Portland. The opening for my two-person exhibit (with the amazing Doug Beasley) at Newspace was Friday night. There was a nice crowd of really swell Portlanders there. Laura Valenti, Program Director at Newspace, was an exceptionally kind and gracious host and had installed a good looking show. She made the whole experience smooth and very enjoyable. It was great to see Blue Sky Gallery folks Chris, Ann and Tom, to reconnect with a few people I hadn't seen in a while and to make some new friends. The turnout for my talk on Saturday was great, and I really enjoyed speaking with those who stuck around afterward. The photo community in Portland is a lively and engaged one. It felt so good to be part of it!







My sister came down from Seattle. She's never heard me give a talk about my work; the fact that she was in the audience made the day especially sweet for me. Here we are hanging out at the condo later that afternoon.

No comments: