"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, June 07, 2010

review wrap-up

Review SF Part One

Review SF Part Two

Review SF Part Three

I've hit the ground running now that I'm back in KC. There is much to do as we enter the homestretch preparing for the CTT fundraiser. Santa Fe Review was a really good experience for me; I'm glad I went. Laura Pressley, Center's Executive Director and Jessica Taylor Watts-Parker, Operations Manager, are to be congratulated on a weekend extremely well organized and executed.

I was especially glad to have had the opportunity to meet and see the work of fellow photographers Doug Beasley, Dana Popa, David Rochkind, Sora Devore and Eileen Kennedy.

I also felt especially privileged to meet and get constructive critiques from Michelle Monroe (Monroe Gallery), Jamie Wellford (Newsweek), Josh Haner (New York Times) and Laura Valenti (Newspace Gallery).

I'm looking forward to lots of good things coming from these encounters. Will keep you posted!

No comments: