"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

review santa fe

As many of you know, I wear a few different hats. For the next few days, I'll be donning the one that has the word PHOTOGRAPHER emblazoned across the front.

A few months ago my work was juried into Center's Portfolio Review in Santa Fe. I've been a little distracted by dolls since then, but by tomorrow morning I need to have my suitcase and portfolios packed.

I'm hoping to continue blogging while I'm in the land of enchantment. It will be a grueling three days, jammed pack with some high profile review sessions (me on one side of the table shaking in my boots while someone on the other side of the table gives me a critique - and hopefully a show or an assignment or purchase of my work for a collection or some encouragement or maybe just some kind words.) I'll also have the opportunity to meet 99 other photographers, all of whom are working on interesting and worthwhile projects.

Over the course of my time there, I'll have nine 20 minute review sessions with people from places like The New York Times, The New Yorker, Haggerty Museum of Art and Newspace Gallery.

Stay tuned for more doll postings when I return early next week. For now, if you are interested, follow along as I experience the emotionally and physically draining, exhilarating and humbling experience known as Review Santa Fe.

Check out the program and the work of the other participating photographers here.

Oh, and if you'd like to see all the dolls, they are now posted here. No bios or photos of the artists (those will come later on this blog) but at least you can get an eyeful of the whole amazing collection. It's very impressive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!
-JM