"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, June 13, 2010

3 1/2 years


I spend a lot of time thinking about my first trip to Uganda in 2006 and where that journey has brought me. Here I am, three and a half years later, staying up way too late into the night or getting up way too early in the morning to work on the next Change the Truth volunteer trip or the next Change the Truth fundraiser. The focal point of my work life has shifted. The emphasis of my photography has been realigned. My perspective has been broadened, and my priorities have been redefined.

All of this is due to the children I met and the dire situations in which they find themselves.

The mind boggling part of this story is that so many of you have also been moved to help these kids. When I consider the number of generous people who have chosen to stand in their corner, I am deeply moved and grateful.

Tony, Billy, Claire Faith and Rosemary - the children pictured here - are but some of the orphaned kids whose lives have improved because of our efforts. Believe me when I tell you that they are moved and grateful, as well.





No comments: