"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, June 29, 2009

a loose park morning

A few blocks from my house is one of Kansas City’s most beautiful open spaces, Loose Park. These 74 acres are home to a lake, a shelter house, Civil War markers, tennis courts, a wading pool, picnic areas. an arboretum, a Japanese tea room and the famous Rose Garden. The park is one of my studio spaces, if you will. (The other is in my home.) I have taken countless portraits at the park over the years.


I like to arrive a little early for my appointments at Loose Park on Saturday and Sunday mornings during the summer. That’s because there’s always a wedding going on in the Rose Garden. This weekend was no exception. I took this shot just before the couple walked down the aisle and my client arrived.

No comments: