"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, December 11, 2008

fred three

I am not a blogger; in fact, I tend to procrastinate writing most everything. However, I just can’t stop writing about SMK (Rosemary, Joseph, and Joan) and the children I have met. They have enriched my life and I believe the lives of all who meets them. This is not only true about the children, but also the team with which I came with to Uganda - Gloria, Mel, Lynne and now Carol. Their hearts are full of love - not with sympathy, but rather with respect and an understanding that repairing the life of one child will change the very fabric of the world.

Yesterday for the second day in a row Joan prepared lunch for our team. I believe that it was a gesture of thanks for the hope CTT provides for the children, staff and founders of SMK. The emotionally intense moments that I experience at SMK such as the lunches and the intimate times with the children have already changed my life and my understanding of the human condition. There but for fortune go I. If you feel that way how can you not help these children? Everything I have written for the blog has been written in the early morning 2,3,4, a.m. It reminds me of what Gloria once told me when discussing her experiences at SMK: you can’t get these wonderful children out of your mind, you feel changed and in my case you begin to write.

No comments: