"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

dreams

My photo/writing project continues, as do dorm painting, play and art therapy. We are having such a wonderful time. So are the children.

Here are some entries from the dream series the children and I are working on:


“One day I was at home around 7 o'clock, one week after my mother had died. When I went to my bed to sleep I dreamed of four white ghosts in the dark, thick forest coming towards me. At first there were twelve cows, but the sad thing was hat they were all white and they did not have horns at all. When the cows saw the ghosts they just went into the darkest part of the forest. The ghosts then came toward me saying, ‘what a beautiful boy to be taken to hell.’ But for me, when I heard that I started to run and I screamed too, loudly. But the sad thing was I went running to the dark place, but it was not only the dark place - it was just a big hole going down. Deeper and deeper I fell. But I was not reaching down, I was going deeper and deeper.” - Willy, age 14


“I sleep at night. When I sleep I see a cup and clothes. I drink tea from the cup and I am wearing the clothes.” – Tina, age 7


“There was a night when I was with angels. We were happy and we were dancing with God.” – Catherine, age 12


“I dreamt one night that I was flying in the air like a bird. In that dream I was one of the Easter bunnies. I dreamt that my work was to treat sick children, not to supply eggs to the children. I could run, hop and fly, and I flew in the air to America and would go to every continent searching for sick children, and of course, I was the fairy doctor and sometimes I flew in the daytime. But I could not finish my dream when I was waked up by my dormitory leader to go to school.” – Nicholas, age 12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful!