"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, October 26, 2008

change the truth trip: meet bobbi


I feel blessed to be going to Uganda to visit these beautiful children. I'm certain it will be more life changing for me than for them. I have been a therapist for 23 yrs, and worked with children for 10 of them. I was with Catholic Charities during that time, so I visited areas of South Florida, where I live, that were depressed and with families so needing of outside support.

Since that time, I've been working with relationships...teaching about the power of deepening connection, through listening and validating another's experience. Teaching parents is my gift to children....and imagining children without parents is so hard...

I've been on a journey of creating a life filled with good friends, rich adventures, and spiritual evolution. This journey to Uganda will be, I'm certain, one of the richest.

No comments: