"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, April 15, 2007

little league


Tonight I finished this new shredded piece. It’s one I’ve played around with before, but I’ve never been quite satisfied with the results until now. There are so many elements to arrange, and that’s what makes these images such fun to produce. The decisions I get to make deal with cropping, tearing, shredding, color adjustment and assemblage. These choices are so different from those that I make with my other work, as I normally shoot full frame (no cropping), work in black and white and obviously don’t rip and rearrange.

This is my brother’s little league team from the 1950’s. Ben, if you know what became of some of these guys, post a comment and let us know!

No comments: