"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, December 21, 2009

antwain

"I’ve been here for a week. St. Mary Kevin is different from my life in America because they don’t have showers or trash cans. The cars in Uganda have steering wheels on the right and they drive on the left. I’m happy that I’ve made a lot of friends lately. At first I was shy. Then I met Francis. He is a nice friend to me and takes up for me when people talk about me. We play football and soccer for a couple of hours each day. I drink a lot of water here when I am sweaty. This weather is better than Kansas City weather, at least right now it is. The food I don’t like, so that is why I have back-up food. I take my own food to the orphanage because I don’t like the posho and beans. My other friends are Joseph and Roderick. They’re funny and they make me laugh. I love being part of Team 3 because I get more attention than I used to. We all work together and get stuff done quickly because we have so many people. Our most important project will be Christmas when we pass out the flip flops, pens and clothes.

When I think of Uganda, I’ll always think of Kansas City in the summer, drums, differences and the language. I might want to come back."

No comments: