"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

sea series/sayulita

"I really don't know why it is that all of us are so committed to the sea, except I think it is because in addition to the fact that the sea changes and the light changes, and ships change, it is because we all came from the sea. And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy, 1962

If you've been to my website to view my ongoing project about the sea, you've read this Kennedy quote before. There's really not much else one can say about the power and attraction of the ocean. I am satisfied just to continue making pictures of it. Here are some new ones I made in Mexico last week.





No comments: