"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, August 21, 2008

seattle

Being in the urban core of Portland means not having to drive a car. Between walking, riding the streetcar, taking the bus and walking some more, I am perfectly well served. This week, in keeping with that no-car-lifestyle, I walked to Union Station and boarded the Amtrak Cascades to go to Seattle for a visit with my sister and her family. Sam and Abbie were there, too.


Sam and Abbie started out on an extended road trip back in June. They plan on putting at least 10,000 miles on the Prius as they explore the country. It’s the ideal time in their lives to be doing this – they are not homeowners, they are not parents, they do not even have a dog or cat. They do have a good healthy sense of wanderlust.


It was great to catch up with them in the rainy Pacific Northwest.


Yes, it has been rainy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you all look so great!! and happy!!

Jessica said...

Gloria,
Hi - you don't know me. I'm a friend of Sam's, and had the pleasure of meeting Abbie once, several years ago. I've been secretly reading your blog for months, after Sam posted a link on his blog. I just had to comment on the picture you posted of them here - it warms my heart! They are very special people. And I've so enjoyed your blog - you are inspirational!
Sincerely,
Jessica Parets (aka Jessie)

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

Thanks for saying hello and leaving such a nice comment, Jessie. I'll be sure to tell Sam you stopped by. Hope to meet you one of these days. Any amiga of Sam's is an amiga of mine!

Gloria