"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, August 16, 2008

carol: part 3

“My sister-in-law and niece arrived in Entebbe early in the morning, and we went straight from the airport to St. Mary Kevin’s. After the various greetings and a tour given by Joan (I see different things each time I walk around), E broke out a Polaroid camera, and you can imagine the fun we had taking pictures and giving them out to the kids. We ran out of film at some point.

We were treated to a terrific music presentation of dancing and songs and when approached to get up, my hesitation was short lived and we got up and danced with them. Nicholas made a point of bringing more of his paintings to give to you and his pen pal, Joshua. Along with that I am returning with lots of jewelry, more small banana babies and an envelope stuffed with letters for pen pals.

I sadly left Kampala this morning and have arrived in Arusha at the base of the mountain. I am here for a few days of preparation, and we start out on Sunday morning. We are all excited about this adventure. But honestly, my thoughts are still in Kampala, and I think it will be an experience I won't soon forget.”

No comments: