"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, January 21, 2007

a very cool kid

I have a young friend - he's 14 - who's a very good artist and also a very good soul. His name is Lee. He and his younger brother, Paul, started a a collection for the children at St. Mary Kevin's as soon as they heard about my trip to Uganda and the Change the Truth Fund. The collection depository took the form of a mason jar. It was placed in the family room on top of the t.v. and everyone in the family has been encouraged to drop in their change at the end of the day. Well, all these days later, the jar holds $84.48, which Lee has just presented to me.


Here's Lee, in his own words:

"I am surprised at how much money we raised. I never missed any of the money that went in to the jar. I don't think that anyone really misses the money. This cause is also very easy to give to. I know that in the "real world" $84 isn't that much money, but for this organization it can help a lot. I will continue to put money in the jar and I hope the best for Gloria and what she is doing."

No comments: