"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, August 09, 2013

strings for uganda: post #2



This post is from Nick, the only male member of Strings for Uganda. The kids at SMK have decided he looks like Jesus.

"We have made so many wonderful friends in the short time we have been here.  Each day has been filled with laughter, learning, and music.  Our P3 and P4 violin students are catching on quickly and are always eager to learn.  In fact, some of them show up after classes for extra violin lessons. 

We have spent most of this week working on technique, but next week we will be starting to learn some songs to perform next weekend.  I am very excited to see what is in store for us next week.

I have been learning some music myself.  Douglas has taught me some music on a traditional African harp and Nicky has been teaching me Bruno Mars songs at our nightly jam sessions."

- Nick


No comments: