"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

grandchildren



Grandchildren Henry and Clara have been visiting for a week. It's been wonderful.

I take lots of photographs of children. Photographing my own grandkids is a dream come true! The challenge for me is making pictures that satisfy my needs both as a grandmother and as artist. Here's what I came up with these past few days. I've been having a ton of fun, on many different levels!














































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE!

-Auntie Ellen

Jessica said...

They are all so good I can't pick a favorite. Or even a top three! It's hard to be discerning when you know and love the subjects. Well, technically I haven't met Clara yet, but you just helped me to get to know her a little better. Thank you!
I do like that Henry is eating with candle light. We get in the habit of doing that sometimes, typically around Christmas. But I like the idea of more regular candle light - seems to make the everyday more special. I'll get some out today. :o)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are fabulous! Clara is so cute and animated; Henry, so curious and focused. Thanks for sharing them!
M&L