"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, May 19, 2011

birthday gift

These are the kind of letters that really brighten my day and give me hope about the next generation of kids. I thought I'd share, so you could feel hopeful, too.

The letter came from a fantastic professional photographer I know in Seattle. After I read it, I asked him to send me a picture of his daughter, and wow, is it wonderful!



"Hi Gloria,

My daughter Claire turned 9 last week, and as we were walking to school she started talking about donating food to kids in Africa. She wanted to send some canned tomatoes and stuff from the cupboard.

I told her that that was not very efficient approach because it was expensive to ship the food, and then the farmers there would lose money from not selling their crops.

So she decided to send her money instead. She got $60 for her birthday and wanted to donate it, and I told her about you and your good work in Uganda. I showed her your website and she is pleased.

I can send you a check if you like or just donate on the website with a credit card. Which would work best for you?

Best wishes,

Daniel"

No comments: