"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, May 27, 2011

robert quackenbush/reilly hoffman

The title of this year’s doll by Robert and Reilly is “The Guardian". These two creative souls have once again brought to life something very light and ethereal despite the weight of the copper and steel used in the construction. This is a beautiful piece. As soon as the guys selected the unadorned doll, they were zooming her around in the air. I think they knew right away they wanted to make her fly.I was very moved when Robert and Reilly sent along the following description and poem to accompany the piece. "The Guardian watches over the children and staff at St. Mary Kevin’s. She serves as a shepherd and protector for all who work and reside there. She sees to their safety and well-being and serves as a source of perpetual hope and inspiration. Guardian Angel I will sing a lullaby When sleep will not come I will hold your hand Through good times and bad I will brush away your tears When emotions begin to flood For I am your Guardian Angel. I will watch over your soul Should it ever go astray I will always hold your heart Even after judgement day I will comfort your sadness And keep your pain at bay For I am your Guardian Angel I will always be there No matter when you call I will be the one Who helps you through it all I am the one sent by God To always watch over you For I am your Guardian Angel I am your Guardian Angel. -Tonya Michael Copyright 2001 All rights reserved"

3 comments:

Suzanne Garr said...

I love it and the poem as well, truly touching. May she soar forever! Suzanne

Anonymous said...

I love it! it's so perfect...poem and all!

C.

Dale Mitchell said...

nothing less than extraordinary - she makes my spirit soar
Dale