"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, September 05, 2010

the reluctant father






As I wait and wait and wait some more (Abbie is now eight days past her due date, my grandchild taking his/her own sweet time) I am finding all sorts of things to do to pass the time. Like look at Phil Toledano's latest project about his forray in fatherhood with baby Loulou. You've got to check out this series ("The Reluctant Father") at The Anthropologist. His writing, per usual, is as wonderful as his photographs.

(Dear son-in-law Sam: I know you are anything but reluctant about what is about to hit you, but I also feel quite sure you will love this series.)

4 comments:

Damn Sam said...

Love these. Thanks for sharing, G-lo!

-the expectorant father

Anonymous said...

Am praying for her and am more than expectant to hear the news!!!!!
Chief Peter

Jessica said...

Those are great. The plate is hysterical. :o)

Anonymous said...

I know that your grandbaby is delaying his arrival -- thanks for keeping us up-to-date on your blog, Gloria. "The Reluctant Dad" reminded me that, just before my Sam was born (43 years ago!!) I told the nurse at my last check-up that I thought I had pregnancy down pretty well by then but wasn't so sure about the parenting bit. I'm excited for all of you and am eager to see the pictures.

Grandparenting IS all it's cracked up to be. Kate just turned 7, and Spenser will be 11 in early November. Our lives would not be half as rich without them.

Marti