"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

adelaide rose

Another very young photographer.


“When my dad came back from Iraq a year ago, he brought back a camera. At first it was used for snapshots of the family, but soon after I started playing around with it and realized that I actually really liked it.

I’d like to be a photographer, and I’m pretty sure I will be. I’m only 13, so I’m not really sure what’s next, but I’m just going to keep getting better and better and see where life takes me. I want to go to college, but then I feel like I don’t need to. I don’t need to know all the terms and have someone tell me how to take photos. Terms are useless when it comes to art; it’s all about the image that is created.




Every little thing that I see inspires me.

My family supports me a lot, and only one of my friends actually knows about my photography. My mother always tells me I’m going to be a famous photographer. My sister says the same thing, but my brother isn’t really aware of my photography, at least I don’t think. As for my friends, I don’t think they are very interested.”





No comments: