"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

world water day exhibition


Opening March 7th at the White Sturgeon Art Gallery of the Water Resources Education Center in Vancouver, Washington will be an exhibition of my Uganda photographs. The curator, Maya Jones, chose to show my work in honor of World Water Day 2009. She appropriately selected this image to use on the exhibition notices. I made this picture on my first trip to Uganda in 2006, when I took a workshop from Thatcher Cook. I had walked with some of the children who live in the small village of Buyingi to their water hole. After this little girl had finished filling her jerry can, I asked her to place her hand on the surface of the water.

The exhibit will run through April 25th.

1 comment:

Max F. said...

sweet! congratulations momma :)