"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

save the date

When you have four and a half minutes of quiet time today, please give it to us at Change the Truth.

When you do, you can watch the latest creation by Change the Truth board member, volunteer Team Member and filmmaker Lynne Melcher. It was made in collaboration with award winning Austin filmmaker Layton Blaylock.

It is a request that you mark your calendar for the second annual CTT Friendraiser/Fundraiser. It is also a thoughtful and powerful short film that helps explain the work that is being done in Uganda because of generous supporters like you.

(To view it properly, you’ll want to click on the HD button that is in the lower right corner of the You Tube screen. You Tube isn’t perfect; sometimes the film chokes. Please bear with it.)

And please pass this link on. Change the Truth has grown from just a handful of people to over 300 active supporters. This is simply because people like you have spread the word to family and friends.

In this film, you will see that the helping hand we have extended has touched the children at St. Mary Kevin Orphanage in a very warm and wonderful way.

Got some time? Here's the link.

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Gloria,
The most powerful moment in the film for me was when you said, "...and every night they put themselves to bed." Up until now I've felt fairly removed from their situation. I've certainly sympathized, but when you said that and I saw the little girl tucking in her mosquito net, and realized that she doesn't get the hugs, cuddles, and kisses that my boys do as we tuck them in at night, well, a few tears were shed.

Anonymous said...

Nice film..congratulations on your great work.

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful, and those children are beautiful, incredible and their stories touched me so deeply. Thank you for what you have done and what you continue to do to help make this world a brighter, better place. I am inspired by your love and your commitment to the children of St. Mary Kevin.

Elayna

Anonymous said...

Geez Gloria, I was having a pretty darn good day until I watched the film. It was so beautifully done. -M.

Anonymous said...

Lynne- What a wonderful video! You're such a talented filmmaker, and it was such a pleasure to work with you in Africa. Looking forward to seeing you at the Fundraiser/Friendraiser soon!

Max

Anonymous said...

Gloria, the film is wonderfully done. I will save the date!

Petey

Mostly we wish for love....

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
What a wonderful video. I have marked June 11th on our calendar. You continue to be our hero. Thank you.
B.H.

Anonymous said...

Four and a half minutes to watch it.....much longer to process the message. What a powerful short film!

Kitty

Anonymous said...

Very moving film--I've got my calendar marked for the fundraiser. It's such a great thing you're doing for & with these children. Keep it up! JD

Anonymous said...

Like Jessica, the "every night they put themselves to bed" stuck sharply in my heart. My husband and I still "tuck" our girls in and kiss them goodnight--one only when she comes home from college and the other is 18. There's so much we take for granted and so much that is removed from our experience and comprehension.

Gloria and her work continue to be a beacon of light on the horizon for me. Thank you for all you do.

--KB

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

Thank you all for your incredibly kind comments. I appreciate each of you so much!

Anonymous said...

Gloria, I have such great admiration for what you are doing and all you've accomplished with CTT. This video is painful and sad and at the same time uplifting and full of hope.

D.