"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, November 17, 2008

change the truth trip: meet fred


I am a clinical psychologist living in the Greater Kansas City area. I am 61 years old and have been in practice since 1977. Throughout my career I have focused on working with adults in individual and marriage counseling, working with transgender patients and have consulted with Fortune 500 companies, helping them to create an emotionally intelligent work environment. Currently, I work counseling patients with chronic pain.

I believe that it is important for each of us to remember that the world is larger than ourselves. In that spirit, I have volunteered in Kansas City at a woman’s shelter, an AIDs clinic and have served on the Juvenile Diversion Program. In my tenure as a psychologist I also worked with clergy to help them provide a more effective delivery system to their parishioners. Now, I am looking forward to giving my time to Change The Truth.

In my leisure, I enjoy skiing, hiking, traveling and spending time with my family, which includes Cheryl, my wife and Erica, Dennis and Ian, my children. Cheryl and I have recently purchased a loft in Portland, Oregon to be closer to our children who live there. Incidentally, this is three blocks from our good friends Gloria and Eddie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fred - I really wish I was able to go along with you. I hope you have a terrific time, make lots of new friends and memories and return safely to share the details of your adventure.