"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, March 11, 2013

henry



I am really lucky to have a sweet, soulful grandson who doesn't mind that I want to make pictures of him. In fact, he's been very cooperative.

I made several portraits of Henry on this recent trip to New Orleans, but this is my favorite. He's experiencing some changes in his life now that he has a baby sister. When I took him to the play center he went right for the baby dolls (well, after he played with Thomas, Gordon, James and Toby at the train table) and cared for them with such kindness I was almost brought to tears. He fed them, patted them, burped them, swaddled them and then put them into bed for their naps. He was caring for four babies at one point, and they were all called Clara.

I hear that the next change in store for Henry might be his first haircut.

So I'm glad I was able to capture him with his babies and his long hair on this particular recent morning at the play center.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

He's a good looking boy! It's a thoughtful and wonderful portrait.
- JM