"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, August 11, 2012

day thirty-four

I'm winding down. Getting ready to end the summer visit to Portland and my "At Least One Photo A Day" project. The exercise has been challenging, but I like that I pushed myself to shoot every single day. There were days I got the shot in the first few minutes, but most days I wandered around town for at least a couple hours... often more. I certainly got to know the city of Portland well, and I met many interesting people.

For the most part,  I ran into people who like to be photographed. The people I met liked the attention. And they enjoyed encountering a stranger who found them interesting.

There were plenty of days I didn't want to shoot. There were days I just didn't want to power on. It was harder than I thought it  would be.

I hope you've enjoyed the quotes I found to accompany the photos.

I've also been shooting some color stuff while in Portland. That work is a lot more accessible and predictable. It's more of a record of the memorable things we did while in the Pacific Northwest this summer. I'll share the "best of" those tomorrow.


NW 10th Avenue

Saturday Farmer's Market, South Park Blocks



No comments: