"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, April 13, 2012

new color work from uganda


I'm happy to report that the new work I made in Uganda this past December is actually going places. New York and Santa Fe to be exact.

Opening in May at the Mayson Gallery, 254 Broome Street, will be my very first New York solo show. It is an exhibition as well as a fundraiser for Change the Truth. There will be a cocktail reception from 6 - 8 PM on Tuesday, May 8; the show will continue throughout the month. Needless to say, I'm very excited!
.
At the end of May, the work will travel with me to the great southwest for "Review Santa Fe". The pictures were accepted into this juried portfolio review by an esteemed panel of judges and will thus be seen by curators, publishers, gallerists, collectors and lots of fellow photographers. It's a wonderful opportunity for me, and I am really looking forward to getting feedback on my most recent work. Plus, I'll get to eat at Don Pasqual's. Awesome.

Much more on both events to follow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Gloria! MJ

Anonymous said...

So happy for you. Good luck with both the show and the portfolio review review. You deserve the best!
Donna C.