"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, April 19, 2012

two snow globes



Today is the third and final day of the estate sale held at my home. It has been surreal, fascinating, delightful, heartbreaking, funny, uplifting, scary and sweet. All those things.

 I set up a backdrop in the front yard and asked people - as they were leaving the house with their treasures - if they would let me photograph them. Over the course of the next several posts, I will share those photos with you. I made them because that's how I navigate my way through emotional times. 

There is a lot to say about this experience, and I will try to share those thoughts along with the portraits. Here is the first picture I made. The very first customer left with two Kentucky snow globes. I knew from that moment on, this was going to be an interesting ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remember the snow globe... haven. a ride, indeed!